Date: September 11, 2017 Location: Learning Commons (Library)
Present: Kim (Co-chair), Heidi (Co-chair ), Paul (Principal), Denise (Treasurer) Dawn (Recorder), Jazmin, Amanda, Laura, Adriana, Shannon, Angela, Monica, Pat, Renny, Andreas, Patti-Jo, Erika
Welcome & Introductions: Paul
Approval of the agenda: Adriana & Kim
Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting: Adriana & Kim
Sacramental Dates for 2017-2018
- Sunday October 1st 9 am Mass – First Communion meeting with parents & children
- Sunday October 1st 7pm Mass – Confirmation meeting with parents & children
First Communion – Sunday April 15th 11 am: St. Matthew School
Confirmation – Saturday May 26th 2 pm: St. Matthew & St. Agnes Schools
Alter Sever Formation Classes for children in grades 4-12 will be held on the following Mondays: October 2, 16, 23, and 30 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. For more information please contact Mrs. Feeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-569-1761.
Parish Website: For Mass Schedules, Parish News, Sacramental Preparation Schedules, and more: https://saintagnescatholicchurch.wordpress.com/
Nomination of Positions for 2017/2018 –
- Paul will participate in all meetings as Principal
- Kim and Heidi agreed to co-chair positions; thank you Dana & Adriana for your two year term as co-chairs
- Denise agreed to remain as treasurer
- Amanda agreed to remain as Parish rep.
- Andreas nominated for recording secretary and accepted
- Teacher rep – TBD
Schedule of Events for the Year:
Open House: Wednesday September 20th, 2017 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Dance-a-thon: Tuesday October 31st, 2017
Shrove Tuesday: Tuesday February 13th, 2018
Staff Appreciation Breakfast: June 2018
School BBQ: June 2018
Council Sponsored Mission Day Event: June 2018 (Mrs. Hackert lead)
Heidi & Kim working towards one event per month, some ideas;
- sports/fitness night
- American Ninja warrior night
- movie night
- hot chocolate morning
- surprise treat day
Open House – Jazmin has arranged for three food trucks
- Café Du Monde
- Big Jerk
S.W.A.T will be offering $5 food options for teachers. Council agreed to $150.00 for 30 teacher tickets to be redeemed at the food truck for pulled pork on a pretzel bun or sausage, Laura has asked Jazmin to follow up with S.W.A.T. for a vegetarian option. Also Jazmin to ask all three food truck vendors for an allergy statement to be included in letter to parents.
New this year parent council will set up a table at the open house to welcome parents and try to get more involvement on council, it will be from 5:00 – 6:00 pm outside then move inside from 6:00 – 7:00 pm, Kim will send out email for volunteers to help at the table as well please email your ideas to her. Suggestions included an easel for parents to write down ideas and have a sign-up sheet on the table for volunteers for school events throughout the year.
Committee has been set up volunteers include: Adriana, Renny, Angela, Laura, Pat, Denise, Heidi and Monica
A meeting will be schedule in the next few weeks, some suggestions from council members include emphasize this is the one and only fund raising for the school year for St. Matthew, ask students what would motivate them (i.e. prizes) to obtain more pledges and need to consider asking for prize donation, there will be a pre-sale of glow items to JK/SK.
Review of Past Events:
June BBQ – went well, had a lot of donations, too much food, will need less food this year
– need to remind students to bring refillable water bottles for water station
– fire truck and police car well received, GRCA was represented
General account $2900
Foundation account $3300 (+$4500 ear marked for FDK area which is no longer needed from council for this area).
Given that the $4500 is no longer needed for FDK area council agreed to allot some now as follows;
– Council approved $1000 for FDK outdoor play equipment
– $100 per teacher ($50 if half time teacher) total approximately $2300
Council also asked Paul for next meeting to please have classroom/school wish list available.
Future meeting dates:
Monday Oct 2, 2017
Monday December 4th, 2017
Monday February 5th, 2018
Monday April 9th, 2018
Monday May 7th, 2018
– Adriana approached by parents on first day of school about possibility of sneak a peek lists being posted on the doors the Friday of the Labour Day weekend prior to the start of the school year – Mr. Mendonca has agreed to consider.
– Paul advised school council that Lisa Bruce is now CUPE representative.
Meeting Adjourned: Adriana and Kim